My Home Page Blog

A support blog for my Home Pages and other pages connected to it.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Gmail Drive or GDrive !!!

This thing was fabulous. I couldn't believe it untill I saw it for myself and installed it on my system. It worked perfectly fine with Gmail passowrd being asked for the access of my folders I have saved in the Gmail Drive.

All files and folders can be dragged and dropped into this drive and the file is inturn saved in the Gmail account as an e-mail. The software for this has not been created by Google. The previous versions were blocked as Google has plans to have one of their own.

The one I have provided on my site is the latest version and I just hope that this one is not blocked again. It is still in testing phase so it may have bugs. Usage is at your own risk!

The major constraint for usage will be the bandwidth available. We can surely expect a lot more of this kind to arrive for regular use. Even Microsoft is developing one such thing named as 'Live'.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, gdrive is cool, available for PCs and Macs. However, there is no meshing between the services. If a mac has gdrive and a PC has the shell extension, they can access the same account, but with no integration.
    Got any ideas?

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I congratulate, your opinion is useful

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I inclination not approve on it. I think nice post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to study the unscathed story.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home